rss
email
twitter
facebook

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blue Suede Shoes

Hello! So I have been up to all types of shinny things lately (crosses fingers). The main reason for my absence is the fact that I am going for a grant in east lansing that is designed to help those get a leg up on their business. It's been a month and a half and teeth pulling craziness. I have one last step (technically the same step they have me repeat over adn over again even after being completed and with no valid reasoning) and hopefully I'll be on my way. I've been working very hard on my brand over the years and it's time for this very important step. I will hopefully be getting the studio that has been hanging out in East Lansing so people have a place to come and see me and such. I have to do some more nit picky things tomorrow and then hopefully they will stop stalling and finally say okay here we go. So that is what has been going on with that more or less, mainly less. Depending on what happens you'll here evverryyything  lol.




SO moving on. I did an outfit. Yes after weeks without one I did one. It was mostly inspired on my day tomorrow. I need to look picture perfect and meeting appropiate and I love this look. The strong hint of color in the shoes, the long dress like trench, and the slightly color accessories and makeup. One of the things I've noticed for this fall is that some of the trenches are still classic but there are some designers (like myself) who are playing with the structure a bit. Making them look more like a dress or just giving different cuts to the coats all together. I myself have not finished my coat and not even have gotten started. I have been so consumed with the grant that even my friends and family have wondered where I've gone. I told my friend earlier that my life is like the Sims game, I'm hitting the fast forward button so I can get to where I need to be. I don't like to be stalled or made to wait for whatever reason it's being done and I have things to do. I want to go forth and do (more) great things. And that is what I intend to do.

I would love to get more comments from you guys as well. I find when they hit my inbox, I do a small happy dance that someone has read and either liked or disliked the post. So please keep them coming, helps me think I'm not talking to myself...even though I have been known to do that too. So I have two meetings tomorrow before I go to work and hopefully both with bode great things. I leave you with the thoughts of the outfit and hopefully you sending good juju my way for the grant. Be back later this week! I am off to wash my hair, watch Sherlock Holmes on PBS and make spaghetti for dinner. =D

1 comment:

GRfashionista said...

Wow there is a lot going on in this look. I like the overall idea, I'm just not sure about the bows on the shirt, earrings, and necklace. However, I love the shoes!!

Post a Comment