rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

i have to go back?..awwwhh

Sorry it's been a while since my last blog. I had the last four days off from my 40hour and took that time to a lot of stuff that I've been trying to work on. Mainly working on the August 1st show. It's going to be all types of awesome and some great people will be attending. If anyone is interested in going please let me know. So anyways, I cancelled my trip to New York finding that the people said they would send me swatches i.e. more money going towards my fabric. SOOO EXCITED! Also I heard of another wholesale fabric place in Michigan and went to Warren to find out about it. But when I get there they are only open wed-sat! UGH!

I live a good 1 and 30 away from there, plus the other designer I was suppose to go with couldn't go last minute as I was my way to her house to pick her up. It took me almost 3 hours to get there. Very happy about that! The designer totally had a family thing that she forgot about so it's not like its a big deal. My day was salvaged by my awesome friends at Michigan's Next Top Model and Soojin. I was able to talk to Soojin for a bit and I ate lunch with the ladies from MNTM. Yummy Thai! So anyways the show is coming along rather well. We are going to have some great goodies in the Swag bag. I'll take pictures once I get everything together, and tell you what each piece is. That way you can salavate and go oohh and ahhhh. LOL!

Anyways, I go back to work tomorrow and I just got a part time as well. So needless to say til the show I'm going to be verrry busy. I have my swatches coming so I will be a jedi ninja(hehehehe) for the next 20 days making everything and possibly havign to be dragged from my sewing room. Don't worry folks...I'm a professional...lol. During the other show I did last year I had to make 21 pieces in 30 days, so YES it can be done. >_< I'm just going to have to make sure I ask Soojin to make sure I take water breaks lol!

1 comment:

tokyostargirl said...

Hi Candice! Thanks so much for your sweet offer. Actually I'm moving back home soon so I'll be able to get some Shu Uemura products. Good luck on the show! Sounds exciting! I know what it's like to stay up all night making stuff! =)

Post a Comment